Monday, October 18, 2010

My favorite event I have went through in my field trip.

In the field trip my favorite event I went through was planting mangrove saplings. When it was morning we had a powerpoint presentation by the guides. In the presentation we saw what animals are going to be there, there will be birds, mudskippers, fiddler crabs and snakes. When we finished watching the presentation we went back to our hostels we were getting ready to go to the mud garden, we brang our water bottles, hats and clothed we don't use normally, sock and boots because the mud is like quick sand. When we are arriving to the garden it was a very long walk we finnaly found a bridge and walked to the other side and then we saw a heron it was white and black. Later we moved up we were getting very tired then when we found a tower we made it to the mud garden. When we took a drink of water and saw the garden it was huge we saw a lot of mud skippers and crabs. Then when we wore our boots we were listening to a guide already at the mud and showing us a demonstration on how to plant a mangrove sapling we first get a large stick and strike it down at the mud and circle it at the mud, and we must do it for 3 times, next we get a mangrove sappling and take of the black plastic at the roots and last we put the sapling in the hole we made, and grab a stick and put it right beside the stem and tie it up. When we were planting out mangrove saplings it was very disgusting I mean the mud it was so icky and gooish and I trip over and sat down on it AAAWWW but it was certainly fun. When I took a rest I was sinking down it took over my foot and my knew but I grabon a tree trunk and pulled my self off. When I finish planting the sapling I went back to the hostel to get hosed off by my science and math teacher Mr. Sheflin. When I was hosed of I changed my clothes and I felt like new again. So this was on great event I have expirenced in the field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment